From:
Ruby Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 09:26:19 -0500
Dear Museum Colleagues,

We are attempting to formulate new policies and procedures regarding
outside employment and intellectual property rights.  If you have dealt
with either of these issues recently or have strong views about them,
would you please respond either by list or off.  Following are some of our
questions:

1.  Outside employment

        What restrictions, if any, do you have on outside employment by
fulltime, salaried staff?  Are there different policies and procedures for
part-time and/or fulltime hourly staff?

2.  Intellectual property rights

        Do you make distinctions between assigned work and research done
on one's own time?  Is there a statement in your personnel policy on what
belongs to the institution?  Have you ever dealt with disagreements on who
owns the rights?

Thanks for your help,

Ruby Rogers
Director, Education