From:
"Siegel, Betty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:41:29 -0400
The following is what our IT people have told us about this recent virus.

Betty Siegel

Many of you have probably received some strange emails in the last two days.  There is a new variant of an e-mail virus that has been flooding the Internet and e-mail systems.  The virus carries an attachment that, if opened, will infect your PC and send the virus to everyone in your Outlook Contacts list.

The virus is able to "spoof" e-mail addresses so that you may receive virus-infected e-mails from someone you know.  You may also receive notifications from someone stating that they received an infected e-mail from you, when you didn't even send any e-mail to them.

These e-mails may contain subject lines and messages listed below.

If you are interested in the full technical details of the virus (and information on how to protect your home computers) please see http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100561 .

Infected E-mails May Contain the Following Information: