From:
安井 亮 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 19:10:00 +0900
FROM:Ryo
Dear Friends,
Robert forwarded a very interesting information of the little museum at The Lo
ndon Hospital in London's East End. I remember there used to be a Jack the Rip
per excursion in that specific area in the daytime. That was really terrific!
By the way, a little museum dedicated to Alexander Flemings opened in St. Mary
's Hospital in London at the end of 1993. Smithcline-Beacham Inc., donated the
 whole construction fee. Anybody could enter to the four exhibition halls loca
ted on four floors from the corridors. Watch out for the tough docents! They a
re all retired nurses belonging to the nurses union, very helpful but rough! T
he museum not only introduces Flemings work of inventing Penicilin, but also t
ells about the history of antibiotics development since Fleming's inventure of
 Penicilin in 1928.
Pamphlets in Greek, French, German, Polish, Italian, Russian, Chinese (Cantone
se) and Japanese is available.
Please accept my apology that I do not know the address of the hospital.

Best wishes for a happy new year!

Cheers!

Ryo
YASUI Ryo (Mr)