From:
"Mary L. Kirby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:07:47 -0500
I'm with Indigo on this one.

People who lose a casual friend will feel some pain, but for those who
lost a spouse who was a soul mate, a child, or a compadre... for those
people the pain is still so acute. I never understood the scripture in
Isaiah about "a sword shall pierce her heart" until my husband of 13 1/2
years, (friend of 15) and soul-mate died almost 8 years ago. For 2-3
years, my thought processes were not the same, I just could not click on
all cylinders like I had, no matter how I tried. I came to hate the
consoling phrase..."it's time to get past this now"   and would menatlly
kick myself again for when I had unthinkly said it to friends or
acquaintances 6 months after their losses.

The time will come, but why do you think it generally takes 50 years
before we get around to memorial statutes after wars etc.  Some times it
was 25 as with Vietnam, but for many people In DC, NYC, and Flight 93,
the wound is as acute as last year. Now I understand why some cultures
required 5 years of mourning. Then there's always Queen Victoria......

Mary Kirby
Historic Upshur Museum