From:
Kristi Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 16:11:38 -0400
9/18/98

This posting is for friends lacking internet communications.

A 1797 Historic house in Knoxville, TN is having humidity build up problems.
No, not unusual in this area but they are working to correct their problems.
Well meaning friends have suggested putting a moisture barrier over the
earthen basement flooring - a sheet of plastic.  it has resently been
suggested and they are purchasing two dehumidifiers, however, the question
for the list is:

Should the expense of a plastic sheet be laid over the earthen floor or are
there different measures they should consider.  Anyone offereing suggestions
would be most appreciated.  If those of you with expertise in this area
would rather speak to them personally, please let me know and we will
arrange the connection.

In advance, thank you very much.

Kristi Alexander
University of Tennessee