From:
Zora McLachlan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:27:26 -0400
To Whom it may concern,

I was given this email address by Brigid Brink at the Oklahoma Museum of
Natural History.  I hope you can help me with the research that I am doing
for the Director and Curator of the McMaster Museum of Art in Hamilton,
Ontario, Canada.

My question:  Is there an American organization that has produced
statistics on the workings of major college art museums in the U.S. that
are situated in cities where there are also large civic or state
galleries?  We are wondering if there is any information available on
this subject, e.g., if this causes a duplication, or has any effect on
attendance.

Perhaps you would be able to forward me to an organization that might be
able to help.

Also, I was hoping to contact a group called "American Art Museum
Directors Organization" in New York, but I haven't been able to locate a
contact number.  Could you assist me?

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance you can provide.

Sincerely,

Zora McLachlan
Director's Assistant
McMaster Museum of Art
McMaster University
Alvin A. Lee Building, University Avenue
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada    L8S 4L6

Phone:  (905) 525-9140 Ext. 27573
Fax:    (905) 527-4548