From:
Emma Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:24:05 +0100
 Dear All,
  I've just signed up to the listserver (I don't know
why I didn't before) and already I am hoping I can
scrounge a bit of advice from someone out there. I'm
and archaeologist from Northern Ireland, currently
undertaking a Museums Studies MA. My difficulty is
this. I'm hopefully going to be moving to the USA
within the next couple of months (my husband lives in
NY) and I have desperately been trying for at least
the past year to obtain work or internships with
museums and/or archaeology units (primarily in the NY
city area). So far I've been receiving flat out
"thanks but no thanks" and I am beginning to get quite
demoralised. I have a good academic record and a
wealth of excavation experience. Is the US
museums/archaeology job market as dry as it seems or
am I doing something wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated

Frustrated,
Emma B
 PS I'm interested in museum positions/ internships
involving education and /or archaeology.

=====
Emma Brown,
14 Agherton Drive,
Portstewart,