From:
Charlene Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 09:11:29 -0600
Doug,

A useful resource for you may be the "Sample CD-ROM Licensing Agreements for Museums" (the Canadian Common Law Edition) available through the Canadian Heritage Information Network (http://www.chin.gc.ca)  Although it was prepared for Museums working on CD-ROM projects, many of the issues will be similar (I assume), and the sample contracts are written to protect the interests of the museum.  These samples however do not replace the need for a museum to consult with legal counsel about its multimedia licensing terms and conditions.

Good luck with your project!

Charlene Garvey
Network Coordinator, Museums Alberta: Information Network

Ring House #1, University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB   T6G 2E2
phone: (403) 492-0776     fax: (403) 492-6185
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.ualberta.ca/Museums/Alberta/Network/