From:
Steve Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 1996 01:56:12 -0500
I am a  security consultant, primarily to museums, but often to private
collectors and corporations which have collections.  Increasingly they have
asked me for a referral to a conservator and occasionally they have asked
if I know of someone who moonlights as a corporate curator, registrar or
similar position. I generally can only refer them to the local major museum
in hopes they can help but decided to build a file of professional groups
or whatever so I can be more helpful.

If you know of any associations (other than AAM-- I'm a member of AAM and
am aware of them) for private conservators (or museum conservators if they
can provide a referral, or any groups of corporate curators, I'd appreciate
the name and address of the groups.

Any individual who wants me to keep their name in the back of my mind is
welcome to reply, also.

I just want  to be able to give an intelligent referral when asked.  Some
of these projects might have been quite lucrative. Some of these
collections need a good registrar to help them get their act together,
also.

Steve Keller
Museum Security Consultant
1939 Algonquin Ave.
Deltona, FL 32725
(904) 789-6740
email:  [log in to unmask]

P.S. The new edition of our monthly newsletter on museum security  has been
posted on our web site. It is 28 pages this month and is ready for
downloading at:  http://www.cnilink.com/intlartcop
All visitors are welcome.