From:
Julie Blood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:46:50 -0400
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a new home(s) for some dolls that have been deaccessioned from our collection.  In the mid-1990s. long before I was here, the museum accepted a donation of collectible dolls, probably purchased from companies such as the Franklin Mint or Bradley Exchange.  There are 141 dolls in total and they still have their boxes and certificates.  Some of the doll makers include Seymour Mann, Marian Yu, Madame Alexander, Lissi, and Jennifer Estaban.  I have had members of a local antique doll club look at these doll and they concurred with me that based on the museum's mission statement and the age of these dolls (c. 1980s-1990s) that they do not fit within our collecting policy.  I'm wondering if anybody knows of a doll museum that might be interested in any of these?  If so, please contact me off list and I can provide them with a listing of the dolls and photographs.

Also, I know there has been discussion on the list before about putting deaccessioned items on eBay, I wondered if anybody had any more thoughts on this especially for deaccessioned items from a collection that lack any historical significance.

Thanks,
Julie Blood
Collections & Exhibits Manager
San Joaquin County Historical Museum