From:
Art Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 11:11:55 -0600
In our case, our Museum's "Desert Diary" daily radio educational
presentations (and accompanying web productions) frequently cover
evolutionary topics and, since most aspects of biology and many of
geology make sense only in the light of evolution, many other
presentations implicitly assume evolution. Evolution thus is an
intrinsic part of our educational program. The last thing we need is
general acceptance of pseudosciences such as "creation science" or
"intelligent design" as being on an equal plane with the real science
that we are trying to introduce to the public.

Regards all,

Art Harris

Laboratory for Environmental Biology, Centennial Museum
University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX  79968-0915
[log in to unmask]   http://museum.utep.edu/
http://museum.utep.edu/chih/chihdes.htm