From:
Anne Kirstin Holm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:13:15 -0700
In my understanding, from the rarefied air of a grad school class on ethical
and legal issues in museums, even the appearence of impropriety is almost as
bad as actual impropriety. Additionally, I don't think board members or
employees can profit from their relationship with the non-profit - that is,
if the board member gets this consulting job because he or she has special
knowledge about and access to the museum beyond the reach of the normal
public. If the board member resigned, that might solve the problem, but it
still might look shady.

Kirstin Holm