From:
Jillian Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:05:57 -0500
The real issue at hand is not whether current day digital prints are of
good quality, but whether they will withstand the test of time. I know our
State Historic Preservation Office does not accept digital prints and the
staff is concerned about the future of print. Color prints from as little
as 20-30 years ago have colors that have shifted. I'm not sure what we as
preservationists can do about this, but it is something we should all be
thinking about.

Jillian Adams
Assistant Administrator
Lowell Historic Board