From:
Wayne LaBar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 1994 12:48:14 -0500
Hello out there!

Here at The Tech Museum we are researching the idea of networking a large
number (not all, nor just a few) of our planned new exhibits through a
computer network.  The idea would be that visitors could use information
gathered or produced at one exhibit at another exhibit, perhaps email it
home, etc.  Using the network would not be required of visitors but be an
added level of activity.

We are aware of several similar activities at other museums:

The Franklin Institute with its Unysis (sp?) system - although this is not
specifically tied into specific exhibits.

The Information Age at the Smithsonian - once again not tied to many exhibits
and a very simple network.

Sony's New York Exhibit Hall - I don't know the name off hand and am not very
sure what is there.

We are wondering if anyone knows of any other attempts at this activity or
plans that are in the works, if so where and whom do we contact?  What are
the experiences of the three institutions cited above?  Does anyone know any
companies to contact?   What information is networked?

Thanks for all the help!

Happy Holidays

Wayne LaBar
Tech Museum of Innovation