From:
James Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:50:25 -0500
I've just signed up to the list and so if this is a question asked a
number of times already I apologize.

Our museum is planning to redo one of our galleries and a key element
would be a dinosaur dig.  I've already talked with a number of museums to
get their feedback so we can approach this with some intelligence.  If you
have a dig and would be willing share some information here are some of
the questions we are wondering about.

How big an area is your dig?
What do you use as the dig material?
How much material did you use?
How often do you need to redo the area?
How many staff do you have for the area?
How many people and what ages use the site?
Do you think it's worth the effort?
How does your Program Department use the dig?

Any and all information would be appreciated.  Thanks.

James Crawford
Preparator
Rochester Museum & Science Center
657 East Avenue