From:
Jennifer Pena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:37:01 +0000
I work for a 501c3 organization (Old Wilkes, Inc.) which opened a new museum
(Wilkes Heritage Museum) last year.  We have hit a few snags when applying
for grants, etc. using the museum's name.  We have been told by some of the
granting organizations and donors that we must have a legal document that
explains the relationship between the parent 501c3 and the museum it
operates.  In our case only Old Wilkes has 501c3 status because we did not
apply for it separately for the museum.  We can use the museum's name as a
501c3 if we provide appropriate documentation when asked.  We were told if
this was not made clear in our by-laws, we could draft something and have it
notarized.

Jennifer Pena

>From: Ken Mark <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: 501c3 question
>Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:14:20 -0500
>
>Dear Friends,
>
>My museum is on a college campus and funded by the college.  The college is
>a 501c3 entity, therefore, is the museum as well?
>
>Ken
>
>Kenneth D. Mark
>Director of the Oakes Museum
>
>Messiah College
>One College Ave. Box 3029
>Grantham, PA 17055
>
>Telephone: 717-691-6082
>FAX: 717-691-6046
>Email: [log in to unmask]

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

age, and price. Try it!