From:
Maggie Harrer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 21:35:50 EDT
Here are a few I saved.
Best,
Maggie Harrer
President of the Board of Directors
The Water Works Conservancy, Inc.

Smithsonian is unoffically known as "The Nation's Attic"

The Police Heritage Museum's in York, Pa uses the slogan:
"Enter the past, See the present, Imagine the future"

John Stine
Chairman/FounderCincinnati Museum Center is "Where there's always more to
explore"

The Water Works Conservancy, Inc.  "Conserving the Past, Creating the Future"

The British Museum
Illuminating World Cultures

They have it on their envelopes and letterheads.
Museum of Science (Boston, MA) - It's Alive!

The Decatur House Museum in Washington D.C.'s tagline is "His House, Our
History"

"By their art shall we know them"
Ron Fellows, Associate Director
The Heritage of the Americas Museum
http://www.cuyamaca.net/museum

America's History is in the Mail.
The National Postal Museum - Smithsonian Institution

Our "unofficial" tag-line is "Wealth is a Disease and We are the Cure"
which is taken from David Bromberg's song "The Holdup."
Greg Koos

Ours is "A Vibrant Future, A Living History."
Dean Krimmel, Director
University of Maryland School of Nursing Museum
655 W. Lombard Street, Room 502B
Baltimore, Maryland  21201-1579
USA, (tel) 410-706-1502; (fax) 410-706-0399
(email) [log in to unmask]
On the web at www.nursing.umaryland.edu

The Field Museum used to use "the smart way to have fun" to which more than
one staff member added "and the dumb way to earn a living"
Janice Klein
Director, Mitchell Museum of the American Indian, Kendall College
(no slogans, our name is long enough)

The Cincinnati Art Museum uses: GREAT ART IN EDEN PARK

National Air and Space Museum:
ÿ Inspire, Commemorate, Educate

thehistorypeople.org
Our tag line is also our webaddress: thehistorypeople.org
Bryan
St. Louis County Historical Soceity, Duluth MN, USA