From:
"Bentley, Andrew Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:01:31 -0600
Hi Sue

There are numerous advantages of HOBO's over paper hygrothermographs:

1.  They are small and can be stashed away in specific environments for microclimate recording.
2.  They never require calibration
3.  They can graphically show temp, RH and light intensity in various units (C, F etc) and are extremely accurate
4.  They can graph light intensity for determining use space and UV exposure
5.  There are LCD varieties that can give real time visual display of temp and RH and HOBO shuttles that can download multiple units without the need to remove them from the space.

Would be happy to give more info if required.  We have been using hem successfully in a natural history museum for years and LOVE them...

Andy

   A  :             A  :             A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
   V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager/Specify Usability Lead
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
USA