From:
Holly Trimper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 23:10:31 -0500
I had the opportunity to visit this museum, but only in part.  The only
tickets left for the permanent exhibits for the day were for a time well
after my flight was scheduled to leave.  I would venture to say that if the
abuses especially reserved for women are downplayed or absent it is due to
American prudishness (no offense fellow Yankees, but face it, we are sexually
squeamish) rather than denial or bias.

One exhibit we did see was "Faces of Sorrow", an exhibit of photographs from
the Bosnian war.  There's no shying away from the abuses of women in THIS
exposition, let me tell you.  I wasn't the only one crying a little bit while
looking at the women who had been raped by soldiers.

Holly Trimper, Graduate Student
Museum Studies, U of Nebraska-Lincoln