From:
Bruce Scherting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 16:45:45 -0500
We are currently evaluating several of our audio exhibit
presentations to determine what would be the most cost/quality
effective equipment upgrade. Some of our presentations use recorded
tape and others use microchip message repeaters purchased from
Dorfman Museum Figures.  The advantages to microchip technology are
quality of sound, longevity and low maintenance.  However, one
particular message repeater, the DMF-60, input chip has failed after
approximately 2 years of service.  This is fairly expensive to
repair. I'm seeking feedback from other users of this product to see
if they have had similar experiences. I would also appreciate
alternative product suggestions.

Thanks.
Bruce Scherting

Exhibition Planning and Design                  319-335-0463
Museum Studies Program Instructor               [log in to unmask]
University of Iowa Museum of Natural History
#9 Macbride Hall
Iowa City, IA  52242-1322