From:
Jay Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 1997 22:02:15 -0500
>> the article I saw seemed to say the money was going to be used for
operations, in fact spoke directly to the ethics question.  The article also
said a relative of one of the founders ended his relationship over the
matter.

Someone on this recently said that the Shelburne had simple deaccesioned
material no longer central to its collection, i.e. the party line. In fact,
they sold their most valuable holdings (and the reason why I, for one, have
visited the Shelburne Museum in the past). This legacy can never be reclaimed
now, and no wonder the family is upset! Shame! Shame! Shame!
Jay Fahey