From:
Sue Garwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2008 14:48:14 -0500
I am curious.  If this kind of restriction is acceptable can the donor still
use the donation as a tax deduction?  I don't think they can.  Or, if they
do take off a dollar amount in taxes and then, 10 years later the object is
returned to them, would they need to enter it as "income" or somehow
readjust their taxes?  I suppose all of these issues are only a concern for
something of significant monetary value.  And, if it has value and is
returned to the children, are there issues with inheritance tax?

Sue

Susan Garwood
Executive Director
Rice County Historical Society