From:
Tristine Lee Smart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:27:55 -0500
The Society for American Archaeology (SAA) Native American
Scholarships Committee (NASC) will be holding a silent auction
at the annual SAA meeting in Seattle on March 26-28 to benefit
the SAA Native American Scholarship Fund.  A wide variety of items
will be up for sale in the auction, including Native American
art work and craft items, contemporary flint-knapped pieces,
books and at least one CD, and equipment and services used
by archeologists, among other things.  If you will be
attending the SAA meeting, we hope you will stop by the silent
auction booth.  We also would welcome donations of additional
items for the silent auction, including items bearing museum
names or logos.  A contribution to the auction will help
to provide scholarships for Native Americans interested in
archeology.  In addition, the fair market value of a donated item
is tax deductible.  If you have questions about the silent
auction or the SAA Native American scholarship program, or if
you would like to donate an item, please contact either me,
at the e-mail address below, or Joe Watkins, the NASC chair, at

Tristine Lee Smart
Vice-Chair, SAA Native American Scholarships Committee