From:
Barbara O'Toole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 1994 16:42:23 EDT
Hello to anyone out there!!

This is my first venture into the world of e-mail, so I hope this letter is
reaching some exhibit staff at science centers and children's museums.  All
others, keep on reading if you have some time to kill...otherwise, sorry for
invading your mail!

I am putting out this request for information on behalf of the North Alabama
Science Center, targeted for opening in 1997 in Huntsville, Alabama.  We are
just beginning the process of selecting and developing the museum's first
exhibits, and we are hoping to learn from the experiences of others in the
field.  The exhibit topics we are considering for this first pass are:

        *Waves, Light, and Sound
        *Physiology
        *Chemistry and Material Sciences
        *Electricity and Magnetism
        *Structures/Engineering Mechanics
        *World Ecosystem and Weather Sciences
        *Fluid Dynamics

If anybody reading this knows of any successful (or unsuccessful) exhibits
around any of these topics, or exhibits that try to make real-world
connections between any of these topics, we are very interested in learning
about them.  Where are they, and why do you think they do or don't work?

Additionally, we would love to receive information about successful or
attempted science experiment and database programs, successful explainer
programs, and practical solutions for the accommodation of different age
groups in the same exhibit.

I look forward to hearing from you - in case no address appears with this
message (this really is my first time!) - my internet address is

Thanks!