From:
Larisa Overmier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 15:52:14 -0500
I am posting this for a collegue who doesn't have email. I will forward any
messages to the list directly to her.

Museum Studies graduate student at John F. Kennedy University currently
conducting Master's Project research on radioactive objects in museum
collections. Would like to receive any information concerning identification,
testing, and/or monitoring of this type of museum object. Selected examples
of research categories-- 1)Natural sources: rocks and minerals, gemstones,
and fossils; 2) "Glow-in-the-dark" (radium) painted objects: clock and
instrument dials, religious artifacts, fishing lures [see Michael Douglass,
Museum News, Sept/Oct. 1992]; 3) Consumer products: types of "Depression
glass", "Fiesta Ware" dishes, "quack cures" medical devices; 4) Art Objects:
uranium containing ceramics (Art Studio Pottery Movement) and enameled
jewelry. Particularly interested in categories 2) and 4).

Contact: Barbara Skryja
6302 Anderson Road, Forestville, CA 95436
telephone: (707) 887-2352

or email Larisa Overmier at [log in to unmask]