Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:16:16 -0400
To all list readers

I am a graduate student at Tufts University and I am writing a paper on
the affects of NAGPRA. Specifically, I want to know if the experience of
NAGPRA has changed the way collections from outside the United States
are handled, especially from Canada and Mexico. Has it changed the way
you treat these collections? Are you more likely to work with the native
cultures? Or, has it made you more cautious? Are there changes that you
see on the horizon in these areas as a result of NAGPRA? Are there
issues I haven't even thought of yet?
If anyone is interested in talking to me about this, please e-mail me
directly. This paper is not for publication, but merely a research
project by a student who is interested in working with ethnographic
collections. Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

Victoria Cranner