Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 19:33:19 GMT
Are there too many museums? Which ones would you close? Those in rural
areas? Those in small towns and cities? Many children who will never have
the opportunity to visit a museum will learn the importance of history and
art and science at these small museums. Who decides which children are
worthy of an education?

There are many small, non-profit museums out there who put their mission
first, above all other considerations. There are many people working at
these non-profits, paid staff and volunteers, who feel the same way. If
profit were the only motive, they would not devote hours of unpaid time to
make it possible for one more child to discover the wonders a museum can
hold for them.

Joy Mott
Executive Director
North House Museum
Lewisburg, WV

MusmDesign <[log in to unmask]> wrote in article
> Are there any FOR-PROFIT museums out there?  Nearly everyone in this news
> group is constantly complaining about salaries and mis-appropriation of
> talent.  Most of this appears to be from coming from the N4P Museums.
Why