From:
Bill Lazenby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 13:41:50 -0600
On 14 March Craig Melrose wrote:

>I plan to study some of
>the exhibitions in the memorial for my doctorate, being on
>representations of war in Australian museums.

Craig,

Your post caught my eye.  In 1989/90 I did my Master's in the Museum Studies
program at the University of Leicester in the UK.  My thesis was entitled
"Museum Interpretations of War and the Military".  It is decidedly out of
date, but I would be happy to send you a copy.  I am in the process of
packing for a move to Virginia where I will be helping to start a new Civil
War museum, but I think I still have a copy to hand somewhere.

Also, you should check out the web page for my current museum, The First
Division Museum at Cantigny.  It is one of the newest and well-recieved
military museums in the US, and our web site has links to most other
military museums we have found on the net.  I would be happy to send you
some info on this place too.

The First Division Museum at Cantigny's address and web page are listed in
my signature line.  After the 29th, you can reach at Pamplin Park Civil War
Site, 6523 Duncan Road, Petersburg, VA  23803.  telephone 804-861-2408.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Lazenby                                    Tel:    708-260-8187
Director of Museum Operations                   Fax:    708-260-9298
The First Division Museum at Cantigny           E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
1 South 151 Winfield Road                http://www.xnet.com/~fdmuseum
Wheaton, IL  60187-6097
USA