From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:12:37 -0800
I, too, am waiting to see how this one unfolds, what
the list's take is on it, but I think he did mean
swabs.

While I don't have the savvy on this topic to provide
a quality response, I can offer that, if supporting
evidence of the sensitivity of this issue is needed,
for my disability group, I subscribe to several Kaiser
Family Foundation reports, one of which has to do with
HIV/AIDS.  While the focus of late has been with
problems in Africa, the pandemic is spreading, and
several Asian nations, most especially China (as well
as India, Thailand, and Viet Nam), are having to come
out of the closet on the topic and educate their
population because the disease is spreading.

I would be happy to cull excerpts on that segment of
the world for this disease and forward them to the
gentlemen requesting about the artwork if he believed
it would be of help to him.  In the alternative, he
could subscribe himself at:  http://www.kff.org/ and
specifically at http://www.kff.org/register/

Off the top of my head, I would think an artwork made
of such materials would not be a contaminant, though
there may be aversion.  I'm thinking that, perhaps the
Center for Disease Control here in the US may be able
to provide additional inputs.

http://www.lib.msu.edu/harris23/grants/4acfrais.htm

Again, I think the swabs would be incapable of being a
contaminant, but I am, by no means, an expert on the
matter.

--- Saturn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry, I feel I need to clarify this -- do you
> really mean "swaps" as in
> "trades" or do you possibly mean "swabs" as in
> related to "samples".  I
> think this piece of crucial information is necessary
> before we open
> discussion on this.  Also, could you describe the
> format/presentation of the
> piece?  Is there a photo online that you can link
> to?
>
> Regards,
> Milena

=====