From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:15:13 -0500
Holly-
There is no perfect answer for this question.  You want your resume to be
concise and enticing to get an interview, but you also need it to illustrate
your experience in all areas. You never know if an employer is looking for
experience in a particular skill that you job might not bring to mind.  ie
Curator of Collections but having experience with developing a gift shop.

Every resume in this field should include your education, experience,
specialized training, and past employment.  For me that is three pages.  I
list the experiences from my last couple of employers highlighting major
projects and achievements, list all the additional training received beyond
my Master's Degree and list my last 5-6 employers.

You should include the most relevant materials and don't get caught up in
the number of pages.  That does not mean just go wild and explain
everything, but definitely do not set an arbitrary limit if you require a
longer resume. You can however try to limit yourself to learn to be brief
just don't set it in stone.

Some professions it is enough to list the job experience and that implies
your responsibilities, but I have found that the museum field is not one of
them.  Job titles often to do reflex the breath of your actual work load and
responsibilities.  Your resume must highlight what you have actually
accomplished not just your job title.

This is my opinion and I'm sure other may disagree, but I have never had any
difficulty getting interviews.  Good Luck, resume writing is a royal but
necessary pain.
Sincerely,
Tracie