From:
Jodi Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 11:39:07 -0600
At 02:03 PM 3/4/1999 -0000, you wrote:
>I daresay there will be a chorus of horror at the idea of throwing away
>original paper records, and that therefore my voice will be just one of
>many. However, I do think it is worth saying: "DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!"

Add my voice, too, for all the reasons given and a slightly new one: In the
interest of planning for a state gov't Y2K meltdown, my supervisor must
identify people in his work unit who have Pentium processors, and who might
be able to give up these units to replace older units that may die shortly
after the clock strikes 12. Since I have a Pentium processor, AND cabinet
drawers full of collection documentation that I have been faithfully
churning out forever, my computer may be sacrificed for the good of the
cause.  Without those paper records we would have no way of reassuring a
panicked public that, yes indeed, great-grandmother's quilt is still part
of the museum collections.

Jodi
Jodene K. Evans
Registrar