From:
"LYONS, ERIK" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:14:25 -0500
I am a graduate student and have filled out MANY apps and sent NUMEROUS
resumes to prospective employers. I agree that there is not a high rate of
professional courtesy when it comes to responding to the applicant. Like
John mentions, I spend a good amount of time polishing my cover letter and
carefully going over all aspects of my resume. Recently, as seen by the use
of this list-serv and the internet in general, job positions are published
on websites and applicants are encouraged to apply online or via email. This
is where I find the largest gap in replies to my inquiries versus applying
through the mail. It can get very frustrating when looking for employment.

Thank you John for your message and I hope all managers who are involved in
the hiring process can take his observations to heart. For those of us
looking to get into the museum profession it would be nice to know where we
stand in the application review process.