From:
Wendy Roylo Hee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 1994 16:31:35 -1000
Thank you for your responses, I understand that it is proper
netiquette to share with members of the list any information
collected from the list.  So here goes:

1.  Sell book at AAM annual meeting in Seattle
2.  Send a copy for review to the American Association of Museums
and the American Association of Museum Volunteers, and American
Association for State and Local History, or investigate how they
can be used to help with distribution
3.  Send an outline/summary to the list
4.  Investigate the inclusion of a brochure in packets from AAM

There were several offers to review the book, and several people
interested in purchasing it.  Thank you for your good wishes and
suggestions.  I will pass on the information, and hopefully you
will be seeing either her book or a review of it.

Since I am on this list for now, I would like to ask a general
question that I hope is appropriate to this list.  My family and I
will be travelling to the East Coast this summer, spending the
first week of June in Petersburg, VA with family and the following
week in Washington, D.C. at a hotel. While in Petersburg, I plan to
take my children (ages 5, 7 & 8) to see the battlefield in
Petersburg, then take day trips to Williamsburg and Busch Gardens.

My questions are:
1.  Are there other notable places in the vicinity of Petersburg,
VA (i.e. possible to do a day trip) that would be of interest to
children?
2.  Does anyone know of any "roadside museums" in this vicinity?
(I've been reading some of the postings about this topic, and I
would think it a blast to actually visit one.)
3.  Is there an internet source for me to find out now about events
happening in Washington, D. C. during the second week of June.
4.  I have received standard brochures from D. C. Visitors
Information Service, and I intend to contact the Smithsonian (of
which I've been a member for umpteen years; however my visits there
were during college years, predating my membership).  Are there any
other suggestions of either places to visit or agencies to contact?

If these are inappropriate questions, then please flame me
directly.  I wouldn't want this posting to further inconvenience
members if it is inappropriate. :-)

Wendy Roylo Hee

Wendy Roylo Hee
Special Assistant to the Vice President
Office of the Vice President for University Relations
University of Hawaii
Bachman 109J
2444 Dole St.
Honolulu, HI   96822