From:
Julie Snider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 1994 12:54:07 -0600
On 14 February (Valentine's Day) Craig Sanders asks:

>Are there others out there who are responsible
>for the care of teaching and reference collections,
>who have little to do with exhibits, and who might
>like to discuss common interests outside this list?
>I work for an academic department, and suspect that some
>of my concerns are of no interest to people in the museum
>community.  If you think you might be interested in a
>discussion of the sort I am suggesting, please send an
>e-mail message to me personally.

>Craig Sanders

I suspect there are several of us on this list who manage
collections and don't have direct imput into exhibits. Collections
are often the heart of a museum and collection related issues
should be of interest to all museum personnel.

Does anyone else out there share this view?

Julianne Snider
Collection Manager, Geology Section
Illinois State Museum Research and Collections Center