From:
Greg Shuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 16:36:31 +0200
JHANDLEY wrote:

>    What I fail to
>     understand is why people DEFEND museums (or gee, maybe it really
>     isn't their fault so it's the city's fault) etc., etc., etc.

John

Every occupation is paid according to society's view of its value to
them.  If you want to get paid more you need to make society realize
that they need you and to what degree they need you.  After all it is
the public in general that supports these institutions and if they
preceive a greater value then they will support it to a greater
extent.  You will then get paid more money.

Currently the support just isn't there.  That's how our system works,
if you hadn't noticed.

Greg Shuman