From:
"Mark L. Shanks" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 17:32:12 -0800
Due to a current project I'm working on, I'm seeking leads to individuals or
groups who have constructed first-person living history characterizations of
Californians (or visitors to CA) for the period 1770-1840's...  These need
to be museum quality presentations, researched and presented to a high
standard.

I'm particularly looking for well known historical personalities (Serra,
Portola, Vancouver, Dana, Jed. Smith, Vallejo, etc.); individuals who were
linked to Santa Barbara and the central California coast (including the
Channel Islands); interesting composite characters well grounded in the lore
of California; and/or non-majority (Native American, asian, jewish, french,
etc.) voices who present new perspectives on the history of California.

If you have any leads on this seach, please contact me via e-mail.

Thanks,

--
Mark L. Shanks
"Clio Eternum, Vita Brevis"