From:
Heather McClenahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 13:17:51 -0600
Jerrie,
    We have both in our small, local, history museum, and I'm not sure
there's a good answer to your question. The wood floor has been in the
building since forever (it's the oldest continually used building in
our rather young community), so I think it's some really old hardwood
floor. No brand name available. It does get scratched and marred, and
about every decade or so it has to be refinished, which causes havoc
trying to keep dust out of the exhibits. A good finish is essential to
keeping the floor looking nice. Noise isn't much of a problem since
most of our visitors are wearing tennis shoes instead of spiked heals.
    The carpet is in additions to the building. It's ugly, industrial
gray that was leftover from when the library was built. It, too, is
showing its age with stains, etc. and will have to be replaced before
long. Because the county owns the building, they will use the lowest
cost material...probably more ugly grayness.
Good luck in your quest.

Heather McClenahan, museum assistant/web master
Los Alamos Historical Society
http://www.losalamoshistory.org
PO Box 43
1921 Juniper St.