From:
John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 12:38:37 -0600
As you will probably hear, everyone is different, depends upon the size and
need of each institution.

We use a 56KBS frame relay for our Internet traffic. This was fine until we
installed our own web server. Now we are finding that we fill up the line
every three minutes. This is forcing us to look at a T1 line.

Dedicated lines do cost a good deal of money up front for hardware, and,
depending upon where you are located, can cost a good deal of money in monthly
line charges. Currently we pay $96/month for the 56KBS line, however there are
places in the state that would pay $400/month for the same level of access.

john chadwick