From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:48:49 -0700
There's something else that bears noting.  When I visited the
Cloisters, I went on to then visit the Met on the same day, and one
was no cost if you visited the other ON THE SAME DAY.  There's a heck
of a lot of distance between the two.  And there were plenty of bushes
secluded in the park that is in front of the Cloisters if all else
failed!

---Meryl Suzanne Beatri Zwanger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> i would just like to wonder aloud whether it was also noticed that two
> different museums were mentioned.  as far as i could tell from the
> origical posting, it was once cent at the cloisters and one dollar
at teh
> met.  now, is it possible that either the admissions person was
> misinformed about the lowest amound that could be donated, or that the
> cloisters and the met have different policies (although i realize
they are
> both under the met's aegis.)  here's my second point:  i believe
(although
> i certainly want to allow room for error here), that the met has a
sign
> that announces-you may pay what you wish, but you must pay something.
> maybe someone from the met could straighten me out on this.
>
> meryl zwanger
>

> On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, DR. JAMES ADAMS wrote:
>
> > Dear Chris and listers,
> >
> > Chris wrote:
> > > People like this get me...I mean, how f*cking cheap can you be?
> > . . .

> > entering versus the cost of using the toilet.
> >
> > This is the third message like this, talking about how cheap
> > "catskill" is.  Chris, did you actually *read* the message?
> > "Catskill" was *not* complaining at all about paying a penny to get
> > into the MET, he was just pointing out the inconsistency of being
> > able to get into the museum for a penny, whereas if you just wanted
> > to use the toilet you had to pay a dollar.  Next time, Chris, and
> > anyone else whose replied or felt like replying this way, *read* the
> > message!!  You'll save yourself some embarrassment, and all of us on
> > the list from having to read your ridiculous, and to some probably
> > offensive, response!!
> >
> >                James

==
Indigo Nights