From:
Todd Happer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 13:47:02 -0400
Not quite on the topic of this thread, but I thought I'd pass it on for those
who haven't seen it--

There's an interesting article in the current (September) Scientific American
magazine called "Scientists and Religion in America" that surveys how scientists'
religious beliefs have changed (or not) over time during this century.  It
reports some findings about the role of religion in the lives of scientists and has
some comments about the role of science in a larger society that is not
populated by scientists.

--Todd Happer
Scientific American

On 09/03/99, Museum discussion list wrote:
>This afternoon Informal Learning Experiences posted an essay by Mac
>West
>regarding the flap in Kansas over evolution being removed from the
>state
>standards. This essay discusses contemporary creationism, some of
>the
>reactions to the current situation in Kansas, and examples of
>evolution-related issues that have affected zoos and museums. It also
>includes a list of URLs of both evolution-supporting and creationist web
>sites, plus a description of six "creation museums."
>
>That essay may be found at www.informallearning.com, go to "News";
>it also is
>attached to this notice. It will be formally published - after more revision
>- as a lead article in The Informal Learning Review no. 38, September-
>October
>1999. Information on the ILR may be obtained from the web page.
>

>RFC822 header
>          19:59:54 -0400
>Newsgroups:   bit.listserv.museum-l
>Date:         Fri, 3 Sep 1999 20:00:04 EDT