From:
Ken Kobus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:12:25 -0600
Hi everyone,

I'm posting this message to try and get a sense of which museums are
installing and using the following computer and communications technologies
separately or in combinations:

Higher bandwidth than T-1 speeds to the outside world

Higher bandwidth than fast ethernet-based internal networks

Exhibits using large numbers of and/or large-sized video displays (LCD
projectors, Plasma screens, video walls etc.)

Virtual Reality-based exhibits, VRML or QTVR-based exhibits

Wireless networking

Lived or canned video over the network

We (The Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum in Chicago) are contemplating
gallery space with elements of the above and would be very interested in
discussing how they are being used and what has and hasn't worked in
real-world examples. We're familiar with and have talked to some museums
with some aspects of the above but I know there are more out there.

Feel free to contact me directly or via this group. Thanks in advance for
your time!

Ken Kobus

----------------------------------
Ken Kobus