From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 09:56:13 -0400
Hello all!!

It's time for yet another random request from Deb.  This time I'm looking
for art is by or about the various people's who work on the coffee
plantations around the world.  This includes places like Colombia, Kenya,
India, Jamacia, Indonesia, Ethiopia, Yemen, Haiti, Zimbabwe, Malawi,
Burundi, New Guinea and Brazil.

I can find tons of folk art from those areas, just nothing specific too
coffee.  I'm thinking that folk art is folk art people who work on the
coffee plantations produce the same art as people who work elsewhere in the
country but have no "offical" documentation of that.  If there are art
historians out there who could help me out and say that woven mats from
Kenya are the same all over the country or wooden knick knacks from Brazil
are pretty much the same all over the country, it would make my work a lot
easier.

In addition, I'm also looking for work songs of people in the coffee
fields.  Again, I can find plenty of native music but I don't know if it is
sung on the coffee plantations or not.

Thanks!

Deb Fuller
Staples & Charles Ltd