Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:31:42 -0400
Just a note to see if anyone is in the same boat as I am.  NEH insists on
maintaining deadline of January 19 for proposals, unlike IMS which has
moved its deadlines to a more realistic date.  Several weeks ago, I left
a message on the NEH voice mail system asking for application materials.
I have still not received them (though someone at NEH promised to fax me
a copy yesterday - I am still waiting).  I have tried to explain to NEH
that they can`t insist on holding to a deadline on proposals for which
they have not sent out application materials, let alone had anyone in
the office to consult with.  Maybe I am the only one caught by this, and,
if so, I will shut up and go away.  But I would be interested to know if
this is a more pervasive problem.  Could you let me know please?
Charles Alan Watkins
The Appalachian Cultural Museum
704-262-3117