From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:07:02 -0700
Well, the important lesson for me was "Get it in
writing!"  My great-uncle was a photographer and
purportedly took many pictures of the 1906 earthquake.
 As "the family historian," my grandmother repeatedly
promised me those photos before she passed away but
she didn't put it in writing, and I didn't think to
take possession before she left the face of this
earth.  It was a real loss for me.

With respect to the information you are looking,
however, I queried and found the following links:

A query of the American History magazine archives
produced numerous links.  Hopefully this will take you
there:

http://www.historynet.com/searchresults/?terms=1906+earthquake

There are lots more online:

http://www.sfmuseum.org/1906/06.html

http://www.zpub.com/sf/history/sfh-2.html

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/info/1906/

http://www.seismo.berkeley.edu/seismo/hayward/seismicity.hist_1906.html

http://1906centennial.org/

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/sfeq.htm

http://www.zpub.com/sf/history/1906earth.html

http://www.eas.slu.edu/Earthquake_Center/1906EQ/

http://www.exploratorium.edu/faultline/1906/

--- Sarah Liewergen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear Museum-L Members,
>
> I am currently doing research on the San Francisco
> Earthquake/Fire of 1906 and was told by a friend
> that
> American History magazine ran an article on this
> subject in the not-so-distant past.
>
> Would anyone be able to direct me to this issue of
> the
> magazine or be able to suggest any other resources
> that may be of value to me?
>
> Many thanks,
> Sarah Liewergen
>
> =====
> Psalm 46:10  Be still and know
>                 that I am God.

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights