From:
Robert Orr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 1994 14:40:04 EST
I'm putting together a brochure on the history of the Smithsonian's National
Air and Space Museum Building and need some information on other Air and Space
museums in the United States and throughout the world. At this point, I'm
primarily working from the documents housed in the Smithsonian Institution
Archives, which deal with the design and construction of the building. I would
like to expand the scope of my research to include a comparison with similar
museums. I could use:

1. Any information on Aeronautical (Air, Space, Flight, etc.) museum
buildings, especially the architect, construction frim, etc.  Information on
the location of photographs, floor plans and elevations would also be very
helpful.

2. The names (and addresses and telephone numbers, if known) of any
Aeronautical museums which I could contact directly for more information. A
nation- or world-wide listing of these museums would be ideal.

3. The reference information for books or articles dealing with Aeronautical
museums.

Replies or information can be sent to the address below. Thanks in advance for
your help!

Robert J. Orr
Tele#: 202.357.2571
FAX#:  202.786.2330