From:
murph the surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 16:34:23 -0500
At 2:25 PM 7/29/96, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Museums in the West share international borders with colleagues and
>constituents in Canada, Mexico, and Pacific rim nations that provide unique
>opportunities for sharing collections and professional expertise to develop
>exhibitions and programs of mutual interest.

As a born and bred Westerner (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho) I've been sharing an
uneasy border with New Yorkers for now on twenty years. Within the two
block area where I live there are substantial communities of Arabs,
Indians, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Puerto Ricans, African Americans, Roman
Catholics, Ukranian Catholics, lapsed Catholics (sorry Sister Edith),
Russian Orthodox Christians, Russian Orthodox Jews and on and on...

Every time I visit home the situation seems to be approaching that of New
York and is, oddly, much like the environment one would have found in the
1880's in Butte, Montana during the various silver/gold/copper rushes.

This conference sounds like an excellent opportunity.

ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
http://artnetweb.com
426 Broome Street, NYC 10013  212-925-1885
NEW THIS WEEK: http://artnetweb.com/resource/new.html