From:
Vincent Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:59:34 -0800
Good point, Richard.
If I were in your position I would go for it.  I have a similar background
and experience, as well as a Museum Studies MA and about the same degree of
difficulty getting in the field.  Anything that pays is good.  I just can't
relocate.  The salary range does severely limit the applicant pool for that
position, but there ARE qualified and interested people out there.  I have
nothing but praise for the museum for budgeting to hire a professional, and
for being up-front about the salary.  And I wish the best of luck to those
people who apply.
Vincent Lyon

At 05:45 PM 3/16/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I live in the same county as this job opening and would actually consider
>going for it.  Yeah it doesn't pay much but when you're trying to get into
>the museum field and noone else will take your experience and education in
>exchange for further experience one has to do what one has to do.
>    I've been looking for work in the museum field for the last four and a
>half years without success. I have two internships in museums and a History
>degree.  Yet its very hard and something like this is sometimes what it takes
>to get in.
>
>Richard Baker

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read
>"Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Vincent T. Lyon
Robert Crown Law Library
Stanford University
650-725-0810