From:
Paul Apodaca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 18:55:52 -0800
In answer to the well-spoken Mr. Burchard, I am delighted with the
control and restraint of your answer if not your position. While I
understand your misgivings about those who are passed through the
education system (I am confronted daily with college students you must
remember), I reserve the right to not fall into a cynical humour, yet.
The idea of the museum is obviously of special attention to many in our
culture as it was before the aristocratic cabinets were ordered. From
before Roman times to this very day, men have sought to find something of
themselves in the things they make. The discussion has already produced a
number of good alternatives, reading recommendations, and compromises. My
respects to you and your life-accomplishments. I am enrichened, if
unchanging in my view.

Best,

Paul Apodaca