Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 13:17:27 -0500
The scandal you are refering to may the the Missouri Historical Society
Executive Director who was involved in dealing objects which were removed
from the collections of that museum.  The objects were primarily historic
Native American.  An art dealer was also involved.  I don't recall the nemae
or the outcome of the accusations.

<< "Museum discussion
 list": Lawsuits

 I have an extremely vague memory of a major scandel concerning a
 cowboy museum, or some such institution in the midwest or southwest
 involving the director and one or more trustee---perhaps about 10-15
 yrs. ago. (Perhaps this will stir someone's more retentive memory.)
 I think Native American objects were involved.
 Bernard Barryte, Stanford University Museum of Art