From:
Mark Hannah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 16:35:22 +1000
>We are about to open our store.  We are unique (I think) in that we are not
>so much a museum as an educational center about contemporary art, and our
>store is meant to be 75% consigned work by regional artists.  Our main goal
>is to educate people about the value (not monetary) of handmade work, and to
>encourage people to support the artists in their community.  With so much
>mass-produced items around, we want to focus attention on the individual
>craftsperson as much as we can.
> (the other 25% is made up of items with our logo, art supplies for our
>classes, our own publications and posters, and items such as books that are
>directly relevant to our programs or exhibitions in a given quarter)
>
>Since we open in 1 1/2 weeks (eeek!), we'll see how it goes.  P.S. we will
>be hiring a PT store manager over the summer so if anyone is interested in
>applying please email me privately at [log in to unmask] for more
>information.
>
>Julia Moore
>Director of Exhibitions and Artist Services
>Indianapolis Art Center
>(and also Consignment Manager!)

ComputerTalk - Still The One.......

ComputerTalk
Dr Gordon Land
GPO Box 337
Sydney NSW 2001
Australia
Tel:+61 42 33 1896
http://ww.ozemail.com.au/~comptalk

ComputerTalk Magazine
Tony Curro
28 Vesey Street   STE 2250
New York, NY 10007-2906
Tel: +1(212)732-2838   FAX+1(212) 233-7718
http://www.inx.net/~ctalk

MuiscTalk
Mark Hannah
GPO Box 337